Sometimes also subversion updates take long, too long maybe: When virtually “nothing” has changed but “everything” is new below surface on a deeper look, it can be an interesting question how to number such a release. Release AFP-Lookup Complete 3.8 resp. AFP-Lookup Professional 2.12 is such a subversion release with small, big steps evolving from an already complete product to one being more complete. Main new features and updates in this version are:
- Extended AFP container support, additional preview of PDF, SVG, PCL or PostScript containers
- Selectable alternate preview module (alpha) with extended capabilities
- Support for external standard formdef to be used if not embedded in resource group
- Correct differentiation of varying page and object resolutions in position calculation
- Full UTF-8 support (automatic detection)
- New license server for centric license management
- Extended error logging on errors raised by preview module
- Possibility to copy text from hex window
- Object extraction on right click now uses detailed object type for better results
One last word to AFP container support: Since needs are different, we’ve decided to offer mentioned additional preview filters optionally. You are free to book any combination as you like just by purchasing a filter update/upgrade from our website as you would do with any new license usually. Your existing license key will be updated in the background.
Since all our licenses contain free (software-) lifetime updates, you are free to update to these brand-new versions at any time, just by download and install over your existing installation of AFP-Lookup Complete 3.x or AFP-Lookup Professional 2.x, respectively.